Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Love Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday Celebration - a Special Honoring!

August 6th, 2011 - will mark the 100th Birthday of Lucille Ball. Many will be doing special honoring ceremonies and TV Specials to commemorate the day a true Legend was born.


Lucy is a favorite Actress of so many. ( I know, "I Love Lucy"! ) She was born in Jamestown, New York - where a festival of comedy, will take place Aug 3-7, 2011, to celebrate Lucille Desiree Ball! It's called Lucy Fest! You can see all the details on the Official Lucy Desi Center Web-site. There will be a parade and a Lucy Radio Show re-enactment, plus loads more! Sounds like so much fun.. just like Lucy!


Also, on TV:
(you can see Lucy in lots of Specials)
I Love Lucy: The Complete Series


Hallmark Channel

~ All Weekend Long - August 6th & 7th 2011 -  "I Love Lucy" 100th Birthday Tribute!

(Over 100 Episodes of "I Love Lucy")


I Love Lucy - The Complete Fourth SeasonMy Favorite "I Love Lucy" Episode:

Oh my, or as Lucy would say, "Eeeewwwww", can I possibly choose one? I think my absolute favorite is The Dancing Star with Van Johnson - for once Lucy is the star and she is successful! I love it! Plus, I love their trip to California when they end up at the same rest stop over and over again - and when Lucy does the Commercial, when she tells Ricky she is expecting, when they redecorate the Mertz Apartment, the chickens, the lawn mower, Ethel's birthday gift, the chocolate candy, the home permanent, meeting Bill Holden, Madame X, Lucy misses the Boat, and so many more........oh, I guess I do love them all!



TCM:

The Lucy & Desi Collection (Too Many Girls / The Long Long Trailer / Forever, Darling)~ August 6th - Movie Marathon 100th Birthday Tribute to Lucille Ball! 

Du Barry Was A Lady (1943) ... TCM ... 6 AM
Panama Lady (1939) ... TCM ... 8 AM
Without Love (1945) ... TCM ... 9:30 AM
Miss Grant Takes Richmond (1949) ... TCM ... 11:30 AM
Fuller Brush Girl, The (1950) ... TCM ... 1 PM
Long, Long Trailer, The (1954) ... TCM ... 2:30 PM
Best Foot Forward (1943) ... TCM ... 4:30 PM
Dance, Girl, Dance (1940) ... TCM ... 6:15 PM
Stage Door (1937) ... TCM ... 8 PM
Big Street, The (1942) ... TCM ... 9:45 PM
Easy To Wed (1946) ... TCM ... 11:30 PM
Lured (1947) ... TCM ... 1:30 AM
Affairs Of Annabel, The (1938)... TCM ... 3:15 AM
Annabel Takes A Tour (1938) ... TCM ... 4:30 AM

Fuller Brush GirlMy Favorite Lucy Film:

Well, I just can't pick one... I adore - Miss Grant Takes Richmond (with the Handsome, William Holden), The Fuller Brush Girl (such a funny, Suspenseful Mystery), The Long, Long Trailer (again, very funny!), and Easy to Wed (which of course, isn't Easy, at all - and I Love Van Johnson with Lucy!).


Enjoy the wonderful Lucy Laughter... and the 100th Birthday Celebration of a Fantastic Actress and Comedian as we all honor, Lucille Ball!



Lucille Ball Film Collection (Dance Girl Dance / The Big Street / Du Barry Was a Lady / Critic's Choice / Mame)
For "Lucy Fest" details, visit:
http://www.lucy-desi.com/

For "I Love Lucy" Episodes airing August 6th & 7th:
http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/

For Lucille Ball Movies on TCM, Biography, & More:
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/person/8873%7C102009/Lucille-Ball/

Click Here for Lucille Ball Movies on DVD.

-

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post! I Love Lucy, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore 'I Love Lucy'! Really want to get that complete box set sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net